Andersen, a European logistics software development services company, has helped a Switzerland-based business to create an innovative tool. This digital product leverages the power of IoT and Big Data to transform cargo management. The pioneering platform offers services for cargo owners and supply chain participants, bringing together more than 450 parties globally.
Andersen is an ideal IT partner for solutions of such kind. Its experience in the logistics sector is impressive, with a track record of over 150 products for businesses worldwide. Holding ISO 9001 and ISO/IEC 27001 certifications and adhering to GDPR compliance, the company delivers robust custom solutions. Whether it's transportation, warehouse, inventory, or supply chain software development, Andersen’s software engineers and other professionals have the knowledge and resources to bring state-of-the-art products to various businesses operating in the industry.
The logistics sector has been searching for a game-changing product, and Andersen’s customer has answered the call. Their goal was to build a platform capable of managing assets and goods worldwide, and they approached Andersen to turn this vision into reality. The IT provider assigned certified tech professionals, including testers, front-end and back-end developers, and UI/UX and graphic designers, to carry out project-related tasks. The client thus was well-equipped to introduce robust innovations and craft impeccable software.
Central to this groundbreaking advancement lies the client's proficiency in designing sophisticated and smart hardware, capable of real-time tracking and monitoring of fleets, cargoes, and assets. These hardware components are fortified by tailor-made intelligent cloud infrastructure and web-centric fleet management software specialized for rail and tanktainer operations. In unison, these technological elements harness the potential of Big Data, empowering users to make well-informed decisions.
Despite facing numerous complex challenges, the project was completed in just 10 months, thanks to cutting-edge technologies such as Angular, Java, and Kotlin. The result is a comprehensive platform that offers a wide range of functionalities:
- an analytics system optimizing cargo handling efficiency while reducing waste and losses;
- an event processing mechanism for crafting tailored events and triggers to address specific scenarios;
- live updates of location data, usage statistics, and sensor readings;
- capabilities for extracting, processing, and analyzing data to align with individual client requirements;
- resilient Big Data processing, managing millions of diverse data points on a daily basis;
- tools for user and access management offering intricate permissions and roles tailored to a variety of asset scenarios.
Andersen assumed a central role in shaping, executing, and validating the software solutions in accordance with the client's specifications. This encompassed activities such as data and software modeling, the design of REST APIs, code enhancement, the development of data migration modules, implementation of geofencing, and additional tasks. Additionally, their quality assurance engineers executed thorough testing procedures, while their UI/UX specialists meticulously created intuitive designs for the asset management portal.
The impact of this collaboration has been profound:
- the client has witnessed significant improvements in their workflows, thanks to the developed platform for asset and commodity management;
- an astounding reduction in CO2 emissions underscores the client's commitment to sustainability and environmental responsibility;
- the system's effectiveness is evident through the tracking and analysis of over 181,000 assets and the processing of more than 1.6 billion IoT data points each month.
The project in question has revolutionized cargo management and demonstrated the potential for technology to drive sustainability and efficiency in the logistics industry. This remarkable achievement is poised to reshape the future of logistics, making it more intelligent, data-driven, and environmentally conscious.
1209 Orange St., Wilmington, DE 19801 USA